2013년 3월 9일 토요일

After Searching About BSSJ school

http://www.bssj.net/BSSJ/Welcome.html

Curtis introduced us to this school on his blog.

The Bushwick School for Social Justice is located in New York, USA.

This school encourages its students to take an informed and active role in the social, cultural, and political life of their communities. The students learn the humanities, science, and social justice through this program.
All education that they receive should have practical use and relevance to their real lives as citizens.

Through the school's homepage, I found that the program also improved the students’ built-in knowledge and their ability to think about the social issues that they are facing within present society (community).

The most interest thing is the podcasts that are created by students. Each student recorded their real voice, or made a short movie clip about their interests and feelings towards the program. It was really cool though.
I realized how much the system of schooling and education could influence the learner.

The page was last updated around 2010 so I really want to know how the school's system is going now and I really want to see their results and changes.

So Extremely curious Ann !!!

Yes it's me,

I sent an e-mail to Jack Thelisma who works as a councilor at the school, hoping he could solve my curiosities.

I am not sure if I will receive a reply back or not.



No one knows what he can do until he tries. -Publilius Syrus -

댓글 없음: